Drugs and alcohol
Our Social Services Drug & Alcohol team has the following broad aims:
- To reduce the harm caused by the misuse of drugs and alcohol.
- To improve the awareness of issues related to drugs and alcohol.
- To improve access to services for any individual experiencing problems related to the misuse of drugs and alcohol.
Many people drink or take drugs, and drinking is of course normal social behaviour. If use of either becomes excessive and interferes with your ability to work or maintain good relationships then you may need help. We offer a service to people who have problems arising from drug and alcohol use and who also:
- Are requesting residential rehabilitation, or
- Have learning disabilities
- Have a diagnosis of mental illness, or
- Have children who are assessed as being in need, or in need of protection
Anyone requesting this service can expect a comprehensive assessment of his or her issues and needs, whilst identifying what is important to the person and what matters to them. If appropriate we may then arrange services to meet these needs. We also provide a direct professional Social Work service and this could include:
- Advice giving
- Motivational Interviewing
- Brief Interventions
- Solution Focussed Therapy
- Task centred practice
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Person Centred Counselling
- Relapse prevention
- Residential Rehabilitation
For further information about this service, please contact the CCBC Drug and Alcohol Team
CCBC Drug and Alcohol Team
49 St Martins Road
Tel: 02920 859872
Fax: 02920 869835
Our offices are open 5 days a week,
Monday to Thursday 08:30 am until 5pm
Friday 8:30 am until 4:30 pm.
Visits out of office hours can be arranged if required.
Referrals may be made by contacting the Information, Advice and Assistance (IAA) Team
Beating Addiction Together
OK Rehab specialises in addiction treatment. This treatment is available via both inpatient and outpatient treatment providers. We also work with clinics that are able to facilitate treatment taking place in your own home, who are able to provide professional intervention and home detoxification.