Carer permits

Carer's permits are to assist residents living in a resident parking scheme zone who need constant help and care. These permits are particularly aimed at the elderly or disabled, who rely on carers visiting them on a regular basis.

Who is entitled?

To apply for a carer's parking permit you must be a paid carer, for example paid by the Department of Works and Pensions. As such you will need to provide evidence that you are a paid carer of the resident at the stated permit address.

How to apply

If you are a paid carer and need to apply for a carer's parking permit contact the Highways Customer Care for an application form.

Alternatively, you can download the carers parking permit application form (PDF)

This should be with you within 5 working days.

If you have any queries regarding your application or the completion of this form contact Highways Customer Care.

Contact us

Related pages

Caring for someone