School travel - Children aged 4 - 18 years (Reception to year 13)
Arrangements for September 2020
All pupils entering year 7 and those attending Learning Support Classes, Pupil Referral Units, and Special Schools have been being written to direct to confirm what transport arrangements are in place. All other students will travel by their normal method of transport (unless written to otherwise).
Unlike previous years, the Council will not be issuing new bus passes for secondary school pupils for the 2020/21 academic year. Learners are advised to retain their bus pass from the 2019/20 academic year for presenting to the driver. If you have lost or disposed of your pass there is no need to contact the Council for a replacement as the driver will be issued with a list of entitled pupils that can be checked prior to boarding.
If transport was not already provided or you have not received confirmation that your child has been allocated a free seat on school transport, you must make your own way into school.
These passes apply to children aged 4 - 18 years (Reception to year 13).
To receive free travel to school:
- You must reside within Caerphilly County Borough Council.
- You must be registered with council tax as residing at the property from which you are applying for transport.
- Your child must attend his/her 'relevant' school. The relevant school is the catchment or nearest school.
- For children in primary education the distance between your home and the school must be more than one and a half miles – the distance being measured by the nearest available walking route.
- For all other pupils pupil's the distance between the home and the school must be more than two miles – the distance being measured by the nearest available walking route.
Apply online for free travel to school >
This link will direct you to Caerphilly Connect. Register now or log in to report, apply and pay for services. If you do not wish to create an account click 'Continue without registering'. Please check your spam/junk mail folder for account activation and notification emails that we send you!
Application forms are also available by contacting the Integrated Transport Unit.
For college travel, visit the college travel passes section.
Lost or stolen bus passes
In the event that a bus pass is lost or stolen or destroyed, a duplicate will only be issued on receipt of a small charge.
- £5.00 bus pass issued by the Integrated Transport
- £10.00 season ticket issued by a Public Transport provider
To arrange a duplicate bus pass / season ticket you should contact the Integrated Transport Unit.
Make a complaint or report a problem
Should you wish to report a problem or make a complaint please contact us. Please supply as much information as possible relating to the complaint or query.
The council is under a duty to protect funds it administers and that you would be acting fraudulently if you give an incorrect address in order to obtain a service to which you are not entitled. In order to deal with your request we may contact other departments within the council as part of our verification process. In the event that we are unable to verify the address submitted is correct the application form will be returned to the applicant.