E-books and online library resources
Our Library Service’s Computer Management System is currently unavailable and at present we are unable to join new members. If you are a current member of the library service, you will need your library card and/or your library PIN number to access these services. However if you are not currently a member and wish to enquire about how you can access eBbooks, eAudiobooks and other online library resources, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
and we will be happy to assist.
You can download FREE eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines if you are a library member. If you are not a member join today.
E-books and eAudiobooks (Borrowbox)
We now offer Borrowbox, which is a new service where you can download 10 eBooks and 10 eAudiobooks for free on your personal devices for 21 days.
Listen to eAudiobooks and read eBooks on your portable device, tablet, or phone using the Borrowbox App. There is an App for Apple devices and Android devices e.g. Samsung, Huddle.
Search for ‘Borrowbox App’
Alternatively download direct to your PC/laptop and transfer to an eReader or MP3 player.
For eBooks you will need Adobe Digital Editions software.
To see what eAudiobooks are available you can browse the Borrowbox library without downloading anything or signing in. To borrow eAudiobooks you need to sign in using your library card number and PIN (the pin for this service is the last 4 numbers on your library card).
An eMagazine is an electronic version of a magazine. You can read them online or download and keep them for as long as you want.
We use a provider called RBdigital for eMagazines.
A step-by-step guide on how to use the service is outlined below:
- Create a RBdigital account using your Caerphilly library cards
- Log in to your account on the RBdigital catalogue page
- Browse the available magazines
- Click on the 'Checkout Now' button below the cover
- You can now read the magazine
For help using this service Check the RBdigital FAQs
Recommended and FREE Subscription Websites
The following websites are subscription databases that are available to all our library members either from your own device using your library card or by using the PCs at your local library.
Access from a library only
- Ancestry provides census, birth, marriage, death records and more.
- Find My Past provides access to over 650 million family history records including the 1911 Census
Access from a library or from home
- Theory Test Pro a highly realistic online simulation of the UK's driving theory tests for all vehicle categories. It contains all the official test questions licensed from the DSA, the people who set the tests.
- Who Else Writes Like? is a readers’ guide to fiction authors
- The National Library of Wales offers a wide range of subscribed resources to Caerphilly Library Service customers
- Welsh Libraries is a portal for Welsh Libraries – you can find out what’s happening and lots more.