Complaint about the conduct of a councillor

All Caerphilly county borough councillors are bound by the Code of Conduct for Members.

Code of Conduct for Members (PDF 110KB)

Concerns about a councillor’s behaviour or queries regarding the complaints process outlined below may be raised with the council’s Monitoring Officer in the first instance. The contact details are as follows:

Mr Robert Tranter
Head of Legal Services and Monitoring Officer
Penallta House
Tredomen Park
Ystrad Mynach Hengoed
CF82 7PG
Telephone: 01443 863393

If you want to make a formal complaint that a councillor may have breached the Code of Conduct, this must be addressed to the:

Public Services Ombudsman for Wales
1 Ffordd yr Hen Gae
CF35 5LJ

The Ombudsman’s web site contains explanations on the standards of behaviour expected by the Code and the basis on which the Ombudsman decides whether or not to investigate a complaint.

Contact us