Children and young people
You are never too young to join a library. If you haven't done so already, why not join today?
We provide a range of library services specifically for our younger residents.
Every year the Reading Agency and Libraries present a summer reading challenge for children aged 4 to 11 years. Visit the Summer reading Challenge website for details.
Events at our libraries
No matter what your age, Caerphilly libraries have plenty of programs, activities and clubs to entertain and engage you throughout the year – many of which are free.
We're sure you'll find something that you, your friends and family can all enjoy. Visit the What's on section for details.
Books for under 5s
It's never too early to join the library - bring your baby or child along and see what's available!
- A wide range of board books for babies, some with sound and different textures to appeal to the senses
- Picture books for toddlers and pre-school children. Hundreds to choose from - favourite TV characters; books about everyday situations such as going to playgroup or a visit to the doctor; books with songs, nursery rhymes, number, colour; dual language books; books to share at bedtime, anytime!
- Stories, rhymes and songs on cassette and CD
- CD's, DVD's and videos for early years
Libraries for 5-12 year olds
We stock books of all kinds, rhymes and poetry, and factual books on just about every subject you can imagine and not forgetting joke books!
- Beginner readers will find a wide variety of easy to read books, look out for series like Titchy Witch by Rose Impey or The Scaredy Cats series by Shoo Rayner.
- Fluent readers are spoilt for choice, there are stories to suit all tastes, from Artemis Fowl to Jacqueline Wilson, from the classics, to new novels from the best of today's children's authors.
- Every library has a huge range of non-fiction books too, to help with your homework, learn magic tricks to amaze your friends, find out fantastic facts from the Horrible Histories series, or read poetry and tell jokes.
Libraries for teenagers and young adults
If you have joined the library you can use computers which have free internet access.
Libraries contain lots of useful information from GCSE and exam guides to how to write CV's and what to do at a job interview. We also have books and information on music, sport, other hobbies and leisure interests.
You can borrow CD's for a small charge and some libraries have videos, DVD's and Playstation and Xbox games for hire. Visit the fees and charges section for details.
A library provides the perfect environment for revision and homework. Although we can't guarantee total quiet, we are on hand to help you find all the books and resources that you need to help you with all aspects of your homework and revision.
We also have printing and photocopying facilities and black and white printouts and photocopies to support homework are free to under 16s.
You can also access online information resources to help with your homework.