E-books and online library resources
You can download FREE eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines if you are a library member. If you are not a member join today.
eBooks, eAudiobooks and ePress (BorrowBox)
We now offer Borrowbox, where you can download 10 eBooks and 10 eAudiobooks for 14 days. BorrowBox also allows you to download national, and local, newspapers for free onto your personal devices.
Listen to eAudiobooks and read eBooks on your portable device, tablet, or phone using the Borrowbox App. There is an App for Apple devices and Android devices e.g. Samsung, Huddle.
ePress lets you download newspapers directly onto your portable device through the BorrowBox app. They include national newspapers like the Guardian and Daily Mail and local newspapers like the Western Mail and Rhymney Valley Express.
Search for ‘Borrowbox App’
Alternatively download direct to your PC/laptop and transfer to an eReader or MP3 player.
For eBooks you will need Adobe Digital Editions software.
To see what eAudiobooks are available you can browse the Borrowbox library without downloading anything or signing in. To borrow you need to sign in using your library card number and PIN. If you don’t know your 4 digit PIN number please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org providing your name, date of birth and smartcard number.
You can now read thousands of magazines for free using Libby.
Create a Libby Account
To get started complete the following steps:
Step 1: Download the Libby app
Step 2: In Libby, follow the prompts to find your library and sign in with your Caerphilly Library Smartcard.
Step 3: Browse the collection of magazines and borrow a title.
If you need more help with Libby, please visit Libby Help. Happy reading!
Recommended and FREE Subscription Websites
The following websites are subscription databases that are available to all our library members either from your own device using your library card or by using the PCs at your local library.
Access from a library only
- Ancestry provides census, birth, marriage, death records and more.
- Find My Past provides access to over 650 million family history records including the 1911 Census
Access from a library or from home
- Ancestry: Until the 31 December 2021 library customers can access Ancestry from home. You will first need to login to your library account from the library catalogue homepage and then click on the Ancestry link.
- Theory Test Pro a highly realistic online simulation of the UK's driving theory tests for all vehicle categories. It contains all the official test questions licensed from the DSA, the people who set the tests.
- The National Library of Wales offers a wide range of subscribed resources to Caerphilly Library Service customers
- Welsh Libraries is a portal for Welsh Libraries – you can find out what’s happening and lots more.