Shared lives carer support
A range of help and support is available to all shared lives carers.
All Shared Lives carers are encouraged to attend regular training. Your Scheme Worker will discuss training with you during your contact visits and can book places on courses for you.
Some of the essential training courses, which we expect all carers to attend are:
- First Aid
- Food Hygiene
- Fundamentals of Care
- Health and Safety
- Mental Capacity Act Training
Carers have access to a comprehensive choice of social care training courses, if you would like training in a specific area please discuss this with your Scheme Worker.
We have regular carer meetings and support with other Shared Lives carers.
- Scheme Office 01443 864586. Open 8.30am to 5pm (Monday to Thursday), 8.30am to 4.30pm (Friday) Not open on Bank Holidays
- Scheme Emergency Contact 07881 705854. Open 7am to 7pm (Monday to Friday)
- Emergency Out-of-Hours (for individuals who come from Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Newport, Monmouthshire and Torfaen) 0800 3284432. Open 7pm to 7pm (Monday to Friday) and 7pm Friday to 7am Monday and Bank Holidays
- Emergency Out-of-Hours (for individuals who come from Merthyr Tydfil) 01443 425443. Open 7pm to 7am (Monday to Friday) and 7pm Friday to 7am Monday and Bank Holidays.
National Minimum Standards
Shared Lives Plus – Shared Lives Plus is a membership organisation and a UK network for family-based and small-scale ways of supporting adults.
Tax for Adult Placement Shared Lives Carers