Concessionary travel cards

If you are aged 60 or over, or you have a disability, you may be entitled to a free Concessionary Travel Card from Transport for Wales (Also known as ‘Over 60’s bus pass’). This means you can travel for free on local bus services and some train services throughout Wales.

Who can apply for a concessionary travel card?

You can apply for a concessionary travel card if you: 

  • are aged 60 or over 
  • have a physical or learning disability 
  • live in Wales 

How to apply

You’ll need to apply to Transport for Wales for a concessionary travel card.

On the website you will find information about:

Lost or Stolen Bus Pass

If your travel card has been lost, stolen or damaged you can request a replacement by telephoning Transport for Wales on 0300 303 4240.

Companion bus passes

If you need help when travelling, you may be entitled to a companion pass that provides free travel for one other person accompanying you for your whole journey. Applications for new companion bus passes are made to us, not Transport for Wales.

You can get a companion card if you have:

  • Challenging behaviours, with a need to be supervised at all times.
  • Severe cognitive and mental impairments (including people who have no awareness of risk and limited ability to plan and follow a journey).
  • A combination of visual and hearing or visual and speech loss that prevents independent mobility, or
  • Difficulties using a wheelchair independently.

To apply for a companion pass please contact us on: 01443 866955.