Traffic Regulations Orders
What are TROs?
A Traffic Regulation Order (TRO) is the legal document required to support a range of measures, which govern or restrict the use of public roads, including:
- Double yellow lines
- One-way streets
- Banned turns
- Bus lanes
- Traffic calming
Why do we need TROs?
UK law requires that TROs be in place to enable the police or, in the case of yellow lines and bus lanes, the council, to enforce these restrictions.
To create a TRO
To create a TRO the following statutory procedure to be followed:
- Consultation with the emergency services and other public bodies. Local interest groups such as residents and traders may be consulted where appropriate.
- Advertisement of the TRO by placing a notice in the local press and displaying notices in the roads affected. Objections are then considered through the appropriate procedure before it is decided how the matter will be taken forward.
- The TRO is formally made and introduced.The entire process can take many months to complete especially if objections result in the TRO being changed and re-advertised.
Current notices in place
The following notices are currently in place:
Libanus Primary School
Risca Primary School
Twyn Primary School
- Notification of Variation of Charges 2021 | Notice
- Bwl Road, Nelson Experimental One-Way Traffic with Contraflow Cycle Lane Order 2021 | Notice | Order | Statement of General Effect | Map | Experimental Revocation of Prohibition of Waiting at all times Brooklands Cottages, Bwl Road, Nelson
- Proposed Provision and Amendments to Traffic Orders at Various locations within the Aberbargoed, Bargoed and Hengoed Wards: Notice | Order | Statement of General Effect | Map 08&09A Bedwellty Road and Neuaddwen Street, Bargoed | Map 10A School Street, Aberbargoed | Map 19 Cardiff Road, Bargoed | Map 115 Western Drive, Bargoed | Map 20 Francis Street, Bargoed | Map 53 Park Road, Hengoed | Map 54 Valley View, Cefn Hengoed
- Proposed Provision and Amendments to Traffic Orders at Various locations within the St Cattwg Ward: Notice | Order | Statement of General Effect | Map Southview House Gelligaer | Map Gwaun-Fro Penpedairheol | Map Sorrel Drive Penpedairheol
- A472 Crown Roundabout to Maesycwmmer (Speed Limit) Order 2021: Notice | Order | Statement of General Effect | Map
- B4251 Ynysddu to Wyllie 40MPH Speed Limit Order 2020: Notice | Order
- Proposed Toucan Crossing B4254 Near Its Junction With Gwaun-Fro, Penpedairheol: Notice
- Gordon Road - One Way Traffic Order: Notice | Order | Reason and general effect | Map
- 20 MPH Speed Limit Zone and Traffic Calming, Maesycwmmer Primary School
- Proposed Toucan Crossing A472 Main Road, Maesycwmmer
- Ystrad Mynach Lewis Street and High Street | Ystrad Mynach Lewis Street and High Street Experimental One-Way Traffic Order 2020 | Statement of General Effect and Statement of Reasons | Legal Order