Resident parking permits
Resident parking schemes help residents to find parking spaces near their homes.
Parking permits are issued to residents of properties that have a resident parking scheme in place.
The permit must be clearly displayed inside the vehicle for inspection at all times.
A maximum of two permits per household will be issued.
Resident parking permits can be used for cars, motorcycles and vans provided the overall height does not exceed 2.44 metres and the overall length does not exceed 5.49 metres. Permits will not be granted for any passenger vehicle which has a trailer attached or which carries more than 12 passengers.
To apply for a permit you must live at a property where a residential parking permit scheme is in operation.
There are 2 types of permit available:
- Resident permit – these are issued to the vehicle and can only be used to park in the identified zone.
- Visitor permit – these are issued to the property and can be used to park any vehicle which complies with the maximum height and length restrictions detailed above within the identified zone
Anyone living at the address can apply for a permit as long as the address is your primary residence.
A maximum of 2 permits can be issued to each property as follows:
- 2 resident permits and zero visitor permits, OR
- 1 resident permit and 1 visitor permit, OR
- 1 resident permit only, OR
- 1 visitor permit only
Apply for or renew a permit
To apply online you will need:
- The vehicle registration number
- Proof that you live at the address
- Vehicle registration document / mobility scheme agreement / letter from employer re company / lease vehicle
- A valid credit or debit card
You must read the terms and conditions before applying. If you breach these terms and conditions you may be liable for a Penalty Charge Notice (parking fine).
Please note the following for permits issued prior to 8 April 2019:
- If you already hold a valid permit issued prior to 8 April 2019 and do not wish to apply for any additional resident or visitor permits, you can continue using this permit until it expires. You must then renew it using the new form below.
- If you already hold a valid permit issued prior to 8 April 2019 but wish to apply for an additional visitor or resident permit, you will need to renew both permits using the new process below. You cannot hold two permits under two different schemes.
- If you do not currently hold any permits you must apply for a permit(s) using the new form below.
As a result of the Coronavirus pandemic, we are not currently taking applications for parking permits and the online form has been disabled. Please continue to display your expired permit and no action will be taken.
Permits should be renewed during the month that they expire.
You will need to allow 10 working days for your permit to be processed and posted to you. If you do not hold a valid permit, you will need to find an alternative legal place to park your vehicle in the meantime.
Lost or stolen permits
If your permit is lost, damaged or stolen, you must apply for a replacement using the links above. There is a charge of £15 for replacement permits.
The permit will only be replaced if we are satisfied as to the validity of the claim of such loss or destruction.
Each permit is:
- Valid for one year and valid until the end of the issuing month the following year (i.e. if the permit issued is valid from the 2 April 2019 the permit would expire 30 April 2020).
- Non-transferable. If you move to a new address in a resident parking permit area, you will need to apply for a new permit and pay the required fee. Resident permits are also not transferrable to another vehicle.
Replacement permit (such as change of vehicle, lost, stolen or damaged permits)
Any reports of misuse of the residents permit scheme will be investigated and permits will be cancelled if any breach of the terms is identified. Any vehicle continuing to display a cancelled permit will be liable to a Penalty Charge Notice.
I’m a business in the Caerphilly county borough and I would like to apply for a parking permit
You would need to make a written application either by post or email to email@example.com. Each business is classed individually and it all depends on what type of business you run if you would qualify for a permit.
I don’t drive but I would like 2 visitors permits
Only 1 visitors permit is allowed per household.