College travel passes (post 16 years)

To receive free travel to and from college:

  • You must reside within Caerphilly County Borough Council.
  • You must be registered with council tax as residing at the property from which you are applying for transport.
  • The student must be enrolled on a full time course.
  • The student must be aged 16 years, 17 years or 18 years at the start of their course.
  • The student must be attending their catchment establishment/college or nearest place to home offering the course or broadly comparable course, this will be determined by officers.

Apply online for free travel to college >

This link will direct you to Caerphilly Connect. Register now or log in to report, apply and pay for services. If you do not wish to create an account click 'Continue without registering'. Please check your spam/junk mail folder for account activation and notification emails that we send you!

Application forms are also available by contacting the Integrated Transport Unit.

For school travel, visit the school travel passes section.

Travel behaviour code

The Welsh Government's Travel Behaviour Code is compulsory for all learners up to the age of 19 years (or over 19 years if they started their course before reaching 19). The code sets out standards of behaviour expected of a learner when travelling to and from their place of learning. If a learner does not comply with the code we can, for a period, withdraw an individual's entitlement to free transport.

Welsh Government Website - Travel behaviour code: guidance

Lost or stolen bus passes

In the event that a bus pass is lost or stolen or destroyed, a duplicate will only be issued on receipt of a small charge.

  • £5.00 bus pass issued by the Integrated Transport
  • £10.00 season ticket issued by a Public Transport provider

To arrange a duplicate bus pass / season ticket you should contact the Integrated Transport Unit.

Make a complaint or report a problem

Should you wish to report a problem or make a complaint please contact us. Please supply as much information as possible relating to the complaint or query.

Data protection

The council is under a duty to protect funds it administers and that you would be acting fraudulently if you give an incorrect address in order to obtain a service to which you are not entitled. In order to deal with your request we may contact other departments within the council as part of our verification process. In the event that we are unable to verify the address submitted is correct the application form will be returned to the applicant.

Contact us