Comments, compliments and complaints – let us know

Tell us what you think about our service – we are always glad to hear from you. If you want to tell us about something we have done well, if there's something you want to comment about or if you would like to make a formal complaint, you can use the online form below.

Make a complaint, comment or compliment >

Please note, this form will not work from within Internet Explorer. Please use a more modern browser such as Edge, Chrome or Safari

This link will direct you to Caerphilly Connect. Register now or log in to report, apply and pay for services. If you do not wish to create an account click 'Continue without registering'. Please check your spam/junk mail folder for account activation and notification emails that we send you!

The complaints process

We deal with complaints using a two stage process as follows:

Stage 1. Dealing with your complaint

What you should do if you are not happy with a service you have received.

Please start by contacting the person who provided the service or ask to speak to his or her manager. You can sort out most problems this way.

If you are not sure who to contact to make a complaint, email us at or or telephone our central complaint contact number on 01443 864221. Alternatively you can ask for a copy of our form from the person you are already in contact with, tell them you want your concerns dealt with formally or write to us at Caerphilly County Borough Council FAO Corporate Complaints Officer c/o Legal Services, Penallta House, Ystrad Mynach, Hengoed CF82 7PG.

Stage 2. Formal investigation

What you should do if you are not happy with the manager's reply.

If your complaint is not sorted out and you feel you want to complain further, you will need to complete the online form above or contact the complaints officer on 01443 864221, by email to or by post at the address mentioned above.

How long will it take?

We will acknowledge your written complaints in 5 working days. We will try to resolve your complaint within 20 working days. If that isn't possible, we will tell you why and about how long it will take.

If we investigate your complaint, we will let you know what we have found in keeping with your preferred form of communication. If necessary, we will produce a detailed report. We will explain how and why we come to our conclusions.

If we find that we got it wrong, we will tell you what happened and why. If we find there is a fault in our systems or the way we do things, we will tell you what it is and how we plan to change things to stop it happening again. If we've got it wrong, we will always apologise.

If you are still not satisfied

If you are still not satisfied, you can make a complaint to:

Public Services Ombudsman for Wales
1 Ffordd yr Hen Gae
CF35 5LJ
Tel: 0300 790 0203