Floating support

Floating support is a flexible service that helps you manage your affairs and live as independently as possible.  The support you receive will depend on your needs.  This support is available to anyone of any age or tenure.

About the Caerphilly Homes Floating Support team

Our Floating Support Officers are specially trained to provide help and advice to people in their own homes. They provide short term housing related support but this support can be longer if needed.  The Floating Support Officer would discuss this with you and, if you are eligible for support, will agree a support plan with you to meet your needs.

What support will I get?

Your support needs will be discussed and agreed with you during our first visit.

Support could be given to provide assistance with:

  • Income maximisation and welfare benefit advice.
  • Applying for grant funding.
  • Reporting repairs, resolving rent and other housing related issues.
  • Guidance on keeping your home warm, safe and comfortable; energy advice.
  • Threat of homelessness.
  • Managing or resolving debt issues.
  • Managing your income, bills and budgeting.
  • Help with daily living skills.
  • Responding to correspondence, filling in forms and writing letters.
  • Signposting you to other services which may be of benefit to you.
  • Signposting you to services for help in reducing loneliness and isolation.
  • Connecting you with the local community.

We will not be able to assist you personally with:

  • Transporting you to appointments.
  • Furniture removal.
  • Decorating, cleaning or gardening.
  • Handyperson services or repairs.
  • Counselling or befriending services.
  • Personal care or administering medication.
  • Shopping, money handling or banking services. 

The above lists are not exhaustive and we will advise you when we meet with you as to what we can and cannot do to support you.

Can I apply for this service?

The service is available for any person over the age of 16 and living in any tenure who requires housing related support.

You must be willing to agree and accept a support plan with a related action plan to assist you in receiving support. You must also engage with and accept visits from a Floating Support Officer to develop and progress 

How do I access support?

You can self-refer directly tor someone can refer you for help by visiting the Supporting People website  at  www.caerphilly.gov.uk/supportingpeople, by email at SupportingPeople@caerphilly.gov.uk or you can call the Supporting People team directly on 01443 864548.

Contact the Caerphilly Homes Floating Support Team

Telephone: 01443 811425
Email: floatingsupport@caerphilly.gov.uk