Home repair grant
This grant assistance is available to owner-occupiers and tenants with a repairing obligation for essential maintenance and repairs deemed necessary by the council. Typical works covered by this grant are replacement doors and windows, roof repairs and replacement heating systems.
Who can apply?
These grants are limited to:
- Properties more than 10 years old
- Properties in council tax bands A-D
- Applicants in receipt of Income Support, Guaranteed Pension Credit, Housing Benefit, Income-based Job Seekers Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance (income related) or can demonstrate a nil contribution using the council's means test
- Applicants who are first time buyers, or
- Applicants who have occupied the property for at least 1 year immediately prior to application
How much grant will I receive?
A 100% grant is awarded subject to a maximum assistance of £10,000.
Post grant conditions of 10 years occupation will apply.
How to apply
Due to matters relating to the pandemic, the Council has decided to temporarily suspend the taking of new enquiries for home repair grants and new enquiries for all housing loan products from 22nd October 2020. Please note that any emergency requests will still be considered. The situation will be reviewed regularly by housing management and the systems will be reinstated at the earliest opportunity.