Ways to pay your rent - for Council contract holders

By Direct Debit

We encourage contract holders to pay their rent by Direct Debit.

Paying by Direct Debit will save you considerable time and effort. There are no cheques to write, no paperwork or postage and there's no queuing because we can arrange payments for you with your bank or building society. It's also safer than cash and what's more, if you change your payment method to Direct Debit today you will receive a one off payment of £20, which will be credited to your rent account. The Direct Debit will be taken monthly in arrears on the last working day of each month.

For a Direct Debit form, contact the Rents Section or download a form below which must be completed, signed and posted to:
Caerphilly CBC - Rent Section
Floor 4 
Ty Penallta
Tredomen Park
Ystrad Mynach 
CF82 7PG 

Housing Rent Direct Debit Mandate (PDF)


You can pay your rent securely online using a credit or debit card. You will need your rent account number and the amount you wish to pay.

Pay your rent online

By telephone

The 24 hour automated hotline number for making payments by credit or debit card is 01443 863366. For this you will need your rent account number and the amount you wish to pay.

If you wish to speak to an advisor to make a payment please call 01443 866570. Lines are open 08:30-17:00 – Monday to Thursday, 08:30-16:30 Friday.

Post Office

You can also pay at the post office. Click here for details of how to apply for a post office card or call 01443 866583.

By post

Payment can be made by cheque or postal order crossed and made payable to 'Caerphilly County Borough Council'. We cannot accept post dated or third party cheques.

Payment should be sent to:

Cash Office
Penallta House
Tredomen Park
Ystrad Mynach
Hengoed. CF82 7PG

Please do not send cash through the post and please write your rent account reference number on the back of the cheque or postal order.

Help with your rent

If you are working age, on a low income and need help with your rental costs (and not currently in receipt of housing benefit), you will need to submit a claim for Universal Credit with the DWP


You can still claim Housing Benefit if you are a pensioner, or if you are living in supported accommodation. 

In certain circumstances those in receipt of Housing Benefit or Universal Credit may qualify for additional help with their rent by applying for a Discretionary Housing Payment.

Please contact our housing support team to discuss this.

Having difficulties paying your rent?

Is the rising cost of living or a reduction in income making it difficult for you to maintain your rent payments?

The contract you sign means that, by law, you must pay your rent regularly and not get into debt. If you do not pay your rent on time or you do not pay at all we will have to take legal action which could result in you losing your home.  Remember, we are here to help!

Visit our Problems paying your rent? webpage for further information and advice.

Contact us