FFURFLENNI AR-LEIN: Nid yw rhai o'n ffurflenni ar-lein ar gael ar hyn o bryd wrth i ni wneud gwaith cynnal a chadw hanfodol. Ymddiheurwn am unrhyw anghyfleustra y gallai hyn ei achosi.

ONLINE FORMS: Some of our online forms are currently unavailable whilst we carry out essential maintenance. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Pre-submission advice

Guide to Extending Your Home

This guide will take you through the building control process and aims to show you how your project may be affected by Building Regulations. It contains advice on typical building projects such as extensions, garage conversions, loft conversions and cellar conversions.

Click here to view the guide >>

Whether you are a building owner, contractor or professional advisor working within the industry, we aim to work with you to help deliver a building that meets the standards of health, safety and quality required by the building regulations, on time and within budget.

We offer free pre-submission advice on proposals that you plan to submit to us. Our building control officers are highly qualified and experienced with extensive local knowledge, as well as vast experience of materials and construction methods, which will assist you at all stages of the construction process.

We also have easy access to information from other council services, such as planning, highways, environmental health and also external agencies such as utility companies.

We always welcomed early pre-submission discussions on any project. This often results in design improvements, cost savings and the elimination of any unnecessary delays.

Should you wish to discuss a project, it can be more advantageous to arrange a appointment. This will allow our officers to offer you quality time to discuss your proposals.

Are you building sustainable drainage (SuDs)?

From 7 January 2019, all new developments of more than one house or where the construction area is of 100m2 or more will require sustainable drainage to manage on-site surface water. 

SAB approval is different and separate to planning permission and both must be sought before any construction can begin.

Visit our SAB pages to find out more

Please contact us for further information or to make an appointment.

Contact us