Report a problem with a public right of way

Please tell us about any problem on a public right of way including:

  • signs
  • animals
  • obstructions
  • overgrown vegetation
  • the misuse of a path
  • ploughing or cropping
  • the surface of a path
  • drainage
  • gates, styles and handrails

Please note: Issues with a road, footway or pavement including potholes, drainage and weeds, are highways issues and should be reported to the Highways team. Click here to report a highways issue.

Alternatively, you can contact the Countryside and Rights of Way Officer.

Please submit a separate report for each individual problem. Please help us to identify the location quickly by having a grid reference, or a detailed location description (we can utilize street addresses, street light ID codes, What3Words and Google Maps Plus Codes). 

If the issue is an emergency that could cause an injury or accident, please contact 01443 866645 / 866669 during office hours.

For emerge‚Äčncies out of hours call our emergency out of hours service on 01443 875500.

How long it takes us to inspect and deal with reports depends on what the problem is and how easily we can find out who owns the land and who's responsible for it. It also depends on our operational priorities and resources.