Home contents insurance for council contract holders

Have you thought about what would happen if you lost any or all of your belongings, for example in a fire, through theft or as a result of a burst water pipe?

For total peace of mind we can provide council contract holders with a home contents insurance that can be paid weekly with your rent.

With no excess to pay on a standard policy, and cover on a “New for Old” basis on most items, can you afford not to take out cover?

How much does it cost?

This will depend on the amount you need to insure for. When considering the amount to insure you will need to work out how much it will cost to replace ALL your contents.

Cover starts from just 35p per week for £4000 cover on the standard policy.

Full accidental damage cover is also available from as little as 55p per week with just a £25 excess, and for an additional premium you are also able to add on optional additional insurance to cover your belongings away from the home, your wheelchairs or mobility scooters and your hearing aids. Full details of costs are available in our booklet below.

Contract holders' home content insurance booklet (PDF)

How to apply

To apply you can:

Making a claim

If you need to make a claim under the policy please contact our Insurance Department on 01443 863430, or you can download a copy of the claim form below.

Contract holders' contents claim form (PDF)

Please ensure that you read the proposal form carefully when applying for insurance to ensure that you understand what information you are required to provide, and you are happy that the amount you insure for is sufficient to cover all your belongings. It may affect your claim if you fail to disclose a material fact, or if you do not insure for the correct amount. If you have any queries, please call the Insurance Department on 01443 863430.

Please note - some of these documents are currently being updated to reflect new legislation. Updated versions will be available in due course.