Consent to improve your council home

If you would like to carry out improvements to your council home, you may need to get permission from us first. 

Before you start any home improvements contact your local housing office for advice.

You will need to get written consent from us for improvements like:

  • Artexing
  • Decorating the outside of your home
  • Structural changes
  • Adding a garage, shed or parking space
  • Altering walls or fences
  • Substantial landscaping
  • Satellite dishes and aerials 

If you don’t have permission from us, or if the work isn’t carried out to a satisfactory quality, we could remove or make good alterations and recharge you for this.

Contact us
  • Email Address
  • Telephone
  • Address