Report an tree related issue

Who you contact will depend on the nature of your issue. We recommend you check our tree management section before contacting us.

Trees on the highways, streets, pavements, cemeteries and parks

These trees are managed by us. Please use the following contacts depending on the nature of your issue:

  • Requests for pruning/removal of trees in the highway (or immediately adjacent to it) that comply with the criteria for legal nuisance, health and safety, or to clear highway passage or signage, will be inspected at the appropriate priority level - and any necessary work undertaken accordingly. Visit our road verges and grass cutting section for details

  • For trees in parks, recreation grounds, cemeteries, or other open spaces contact Customer Care.

Emergency call outs

Our emergency 'call-out' team will attend a site out of office hours to make hazardous trees safe. It is usual for material to be left on site if it is safe to do so and cleared the following morning, or at the earliest opportunity in the event of a major storm.

If a privately owned tree has fallen on or is seriously obstructing the safe use of the public highway, the tree section is within its right to remove the problem and reclaim the costs against the tree owner/manager.

Planning related issues

Enquiries relating to Tree Preservation Orders (TPOs) or Conservation Areas contact planning.

Issues concerning trees on school land

Contact the school concerned directly.

Trees on council housing property

Tenants with an issue regarding trees either in their own garden or on land adjacent to it should in the first instance seek advice from their local housing office.