Self Isolation Support Payment
The self-isolation support scheme is for those on low income, who cannot work from home and must self-isolate. It is also for parents and carers on low incomes with children who are self-isolating.
Self-isolation payments are taxable. If you’re employed, you’ll pay tax on the payment if you go over your tax-free personal allowance. Your tax code will change to collect the tax. You will not pay National Insurance contributions on the payment. If you’re self-employed you must report the payment on your Self-Assessment tax return.
If you have been contacted by NHS Wales Test, Trace, protect service (TTP) and been told to self-isolate, you may be entitled to Financial Support.
If you meet ALL of the eligibility criteria, you are entitled to an Isolation Payment of £750
- You have been told to self-isolate by:
- NHS Wales, Test, Trace, Protect service (TTP) on or after 7 August 2021 as an index case. From this date, only contact cases who are not fully vaccinated will be eligible. Please note: for the period prior to 7 August 2021 the payment will be capped at £500 as per the previous policy position and all contact cases will be eligible regardless of vaccination status
- your child has been asked to self-isolate by TTP as a result of a positive case,
- you have received notification from the NHS Covid-19 App because you have been in close contact with a positive case on or after 1 February 2021 and are then advised by TTP to Self-Isolate because you are not fully vaccinated. This needs to be evidenced on the TTP system.
- You are employed or self-employed
- You cannot work from home and will lose income as a result
- You or your partner are currently receiving at least one of the following benefits: Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Job Seekers Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit
- You are not a young person for whom a parent or guardian receives Child Benefit
You may be eligible for a £750 Discretionary Payment if you meet all of the other eligibility criteria above, but:
- You or your partner Do Not currently receive Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Job Seekers Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit
- You will face financial Hardship as a result of not being able to work while you are self- isolating.
This application is for one person only and any further applications within the same household must be made by each individual
Please ensure that you have the information below available before starting your application
- National Insurance Number
- Confirmation of the date given by NHS Wales Test, Trace, Protect service (TTP)
- Your most recent Bank Statement, wage slip or proof of self-employment
If you have the NHS Covid-19 app installed on your phone and are informed to self-isolate, as you may have been in contact with someone who tests positive for Covid 19, you may now also qualify for support. Please note this only applies if you are not fully vaccinated.
Self Isolation Support Payment Application >
Please note, this form will not work from within Internet Explorer. Please use a more modern browser such as Edge, Chrome or Safari
This link will direct you to Caerphilly Connect. Register now or log in to report, apply and pay for services. If you do not wish to create an account click 'Continue without registering'. Please check your spam/junk mail folder for account activation and notification emails that we send you!