Self Isolation Support Payment
The self-isolation support scheme is for those on low income, who cannot work from home and must self-isolate. It is also for parents and carers on low incomes with children who are self-isolating.
Self-isolation payments are taxable. If you’re employed, you’ll pay tax on the payment if you go over your tax-free personal allowance. Your tax code will change to collect the tax. You will not pay National Insurance contributions on the payment. If you’re self-employed you must report the payment on your Self-Assessment tax return.
To get the payment you or your child must have been formally told to self-isolate. You cannot get the payment if your child has been told to self-isolate by the NHS COVID-19 app.
One of the following must also apply:
- you’ve tested positive for COVID-19, or have been contacted by the NHS Wales Test, Trace Protect service or the NHS COVID-19 app because you’ve been identified as a contact and formally told to self-isolate
- your child attends school, further education or childcare (up to and including Year 8 or up to age 25 if they have complex needs) and has been formally told to self-isolate by either:
- NHS Wales Test, Trace Protect service
- your child’s school
- your child’s further education setting
- your child’s childcare setting (crèche, nursery)
You must also:
- be working (employed or self-employed)
- not be able to work from home and will lose earnings because you must self-isolate (only one parent or carer, if your child has been told to self-isolate)
- be getting one of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Income-based Employment and Support Allowance
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income Support
- Housing Benefit
- Pension Credit
- Statutory Sick Pay or New Style Employment and Support Allowance or less; and/or in receipt of £500 NET personal income a week or less
You may be eligible for a £500 Discretionary Payment if you meet all of the other eligibility criteria above, but:
- You or your partner Do Not currently receive Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Job Seekers Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit
- You will face financial Hardship as a result of not being able to work while you are self- isolating.
Further information about making a claim
Each application is for one person only and any further applications within the same household must be made by each individual.
After 1 February 2021, individuals have up to 3 weeks after their last day of self Isolation to make a claim. Claims made after 3 weeks will be refused.
Please ensure that you have the information below available before starting your application:
- National Insurance Number
- Confirmation of the date given by NHS Wales Test, Trace, Protect service (TTP) or letter or email from your child’s school telling to self-isolate
- Your most recent Bank Statement, wage slip or proof of self-employment
Notifications to self-isolate via the Covid-19 App
If you have the NHS Covid-19 app installed on your phone and are informed to self-isolate, as you may have been in contact with someone who tests positive for Covid 19, you may now also qualify for support.
If you are informed via an App notification, you must provide a screenshot as evidence. Click here to view screenshot example. If you are unable or don’t provide this screenshot, your application will not be considered. You will also need to provide written confirmation from your employer that you did not work during this period and your earnings reduced as a result. If you are self-employed, you will have to provide a statement to this effect.
Self Isolation Support Payment Application >
Please note, this form will not work from within Internet Explorer. Please use a more modern browser such as Edge, Chrome or Safari
This link will direct you to Caerphilly Connect. Register now or log in to report, apply and pay for services. If you do not wish to create an account click 'Continue without registering'. Please check your spam/junk mail folder for account activation and notification emails that we send you!