Self Isolation Support Payment
If you have been contacted by NHS Wales Test, Trace, protect service (TTP) and been told to self-isolate, you may be entitled to Financial Support.
If you meet ALL of the eligibility criteria, you are entitled to an Isolation Payment of £500:
- You have been told to self-isolate by NHS Wales, Test, Trace, Protect service (TTP) on or after 23 October 2020
- You are employed or self-employed
- You cannot work from home and will lose income as a result
- You or your partner are currently receiving at least one of the following benefits: Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Job Seekers Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit
You may be eligible for a £500 Discretionary Payment if you meet all of the other eligibility criteria above, but:
- You or your partner Do Not currently receive Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Job Seekers Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit
- You will face financial Hardship as a result of not being able to work while you are self- isolating.
Examples of the circumstances in which a discretionary payment could be made include:
- You have No Recourse to Public Funds (NRPF)
- Your households total income is below £350/week (Net) and savings are less than £6,000.
Eligibility is now extended to include parents and carers who meet the following criteria:
- The child attends a school or childcare setting up to and including Year 8 (or up to age 19 if the learner has multiple and complex needs);
- The child has been asked to self-isolate by TTP or has been asked to self-isolate for 10 days or more by the school or child-care setting as a result of an outbreak in a school, childcare or further education setting; and
- Parents or carers meet the criteria of the main scheme, namely:
- are employed or self-employed;
- are unable to work from home and will lose income as a result; and
- (the applicant or their partner) are currently receiving, Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit.; or
- The application is accepted under the discretionary scheme.
Please ensure that you have the information below available before starting your application:
- National Insurance Number
- Confirmation of the date given by NHS Wales Test, Trace, Protect service (TTP) or letter or email from your child’s school telling to self-isolate
- Your most recent Bank Statement, wage slip or proof of self-employment
The application is for one person only and any further applications within the same household must be made by each individual.
Please note: Our offices will be closed from midday on 24 December and re-open on Monday 4 January. Application can be submitted but will not be processed during this period.
Self Isolation Support Payment Application >
This link will direct you to Caerphilly Connect. Register now or log in to report, apply and pay for services. If you do not wish to create an account click 'Continue without registering'. Please check your spam/junk mail folder for account activation and notification emails that we send you!