Contacting social services

The contact information you need if different for adults, children and emergencies. 

Adult social service 

If you think you, or someone else, need help or support from social services, please contact us. This may be because you have a physical disability, hearing or sight difficulties, a terminal illness, are developing confusion/dementia, are frail, are vulnerable to the risk of neglect or abuse, have a learning disability, have a mental health problem, leaving hospital or are a carer.

If you are being abused or think someone else is being abused, you should tell someone.

If you think we can help, please contact us or visit our adults and older people how to get help and support section.

Children’s social services

If you are unsure that a child may be suffering but are worried, or if you are concerned that a child has suffered harm, neglect or abuse, please tell us about it straight away.

We can help if

  • a young person may be at risk of becoming homeless
  • you may have concerns about a child
  • when parents may be experiencing difficulties managing a child's behaviour
  • a child has a special need or disability

If you think that we can help, please contact us or visit our children and families how to get help and support section

Out of hours emergencies 

Social services provide an emergency service outside of normal office hours. This service deals only with emergency situations that cannot wait until the next working day.

For more information, please visit the out of hours webpage or contact us on:

  • Call 0800 3284432
  • Minicom 0800 5879963